Wednesday 10 May 2017

Ride n Eat : JOHOR


                      Assalamualaikum, Rise and shine peeps!

Ride? A motorbike? 🚲
Dude,  you're not a real man if you don't know how to ride a motorbike ahahahaha.
Sorry Kamal, gurau je.

21st April 2017  

I decided to go for a food hunting since we were allowed to go home right after Jumaat prayer (jangan tinggal solat guys). So all the way back to my hometown in Johor I think it is best if I go for a hunt according to my list.

List ? 
What list??
There you go


Grab the key, recite Du'a, hand on throttle and here we go!
My Buraq (I named my motorbike as Buraq) was running smoothly with a speed around 130-140 km/h along the PLUS highway.

feel the wind


 About half an hour later, I took the exit to Yong Peng (U) and set my course to Batu Pahat town which is around 20 km ++ from the exit. FYI, Batu Pahat is one of the historical town in Johor which is full of traditional custom with special reference to the lifestyle, environment and the most important is the local food.

Batu Pahat town !

Location 1: Mee Racun Tulang


Mee Racun?
Racun?
Poison?

Mee Racun is actually one of the most popular local food in Batu Pahat and what makes this restaurant differs from the others is their Mee Racun served together with Tulang@Bone! yeahhhh
got Tulang inside!


Mee Racun Tulang Batu Pahat is located nearby to the Wet World Glow Park Batu Pahat and this is the GPS coordinate 1.8875727,102.8884824 in case you find difficulties in finding the restaurant. So set your GPS accordingly fellas.



Tulang dah habis masa aku datang 😥

Sorry, I'm not a fan of vege
Quite disappointed since they were out of Tulang, hmm you can imagine how many customers came before me.


Location 2: Restoran Kari Kambing 40 Hari

I'm pretty sure you guys must have noticed this restaurant each time you pass by PLUS, as this restaurant is right next to the highway. The signature for this restaurant, of course lah Kari Kambing but i'm not sure why 40 HARI, is it because you will remain full for 40 days or maybe they cook the curry for 40 days? Hmm.

To reach here, easy guys. While driving along the PLUS highway (heading north) you will notice this restaurant right on your left. Stop your vehicle, jump over the fence and there you go! No! Don't you ever do such a ridiculous thing.

1. Take exit to Ayer Hitam
2. Turn left right after the toll plaza (heading to Batu Pahat town)
3. Turn right at the first traffic light (after 5 minutes from the toll plaza)
4. Follow this course for about 5-7 minutes.


FUUULLLHOUSE
Bismillah first

Running hours : 0730 - 1530 H
You will need to queue up and pay first before eat.

My advise is you better come early as this restaurant is much likely no empty seat at all unless you are willing to stand for a couple of minutes waiting for the others to finish their meal. Frankly speaking their Kari Kambing taste really good, and I will give 5 stars out of 5! clap clap clap 👏

Price? Dont worry too much as you will enjoy every single penny you spent


Location 3: Putu Bambu Juriah

This is actually my Mom's favourite, so I include this stall in my target list. Still remember the first traffic light I mentioned above? This stall is right on your starboard side.

Hmm, kena beratur lagi

2 boxes, 1 for my Ibu 1 for me

Ciss, so tempting~

Source: The Star Online
I bet this is the owner


I was wondering what is so special with their Putu Bambu as compared to others?
So, here are my answers
- soft, tender, melt in your mouth
- not to sweet (i don't think they use normal Gula Melaka or Gula Merah)


Location 4: Lempeng Sedap

Lempeng is actually one of Malay traditional food which commonly served together with curry, rendang or Asam Pedas. Lempeng appears as a well rounded-tiny-Malay-pancake, and I bet you will need at least 3 sets of Lempeng to satisfy you tummy.

How to reach there? As usual, set your GPS to 1.8635027,103.1067237 or if you are from PLUS highway, take Ayer Hitam exit, and right after the toll plaza there is a T-junction, take left (heading to Batu Pahat town). Follow this course for about 15 minutes and this restaurant will be on your left nearby to Parit Raja Police Station.

FYI, this stall also served other local cuisine like bergerdil (patty, made from minced beef, spices and mashed potato) and Roti Jala. You may also find the famous Johor signature here, Tempe.

I was so unlucky as bythetime i reached here, my handphone was out of battery and I didn't have a chance to snap pictures.


Source: http://www.nst.com.my/news/2017/01/202625/lempeng-lure

So, this is how they make Lempeng, 

Source: http://therainbowjourney.blogspot.hk/2015/03/warung-lempeng-sedap-batu-pahat.html

Source: http://therainbowjourney.blogspot.hk/2015/03/warung-lempeng-sedap-batu-pahat.html

                                                   


So,  that's all from me for this entry, See you guys soon in Ride n Eat: Melaka Edition !


                                      









No comments:

Post a Comment